1. The Dalai Lama is not the Pope of Buddhism.
While the Dalai Lama may be a really nice guy, he is not the head of Buddhism. The vast majority of Buddhists on this planet do not recognize the Dalai Lama as a top-most religious authority.
Western reporters consistantly distort, ignore and
2. Tibet has not been "independent" for a looooong time
3. The Brits tried subdue Tibet... and failed
4. Life under Buddhist theocracy might not exactly be "Shangrila"
5. If Tibet was not a part of China, it would be a part of Nepal (and you would not give a shit about it)
6. Tibet without China would be a shit-hole (and you would not give a shit about it)
7. A huge number of Tibetans prefer to live in China instead of Tibet
8. Tibetans benefit from afiramative action
9. Tibetans are not exactly tolerant towards other religions and ethnicities
10. You do not really give a shit about Tibetans anyway